Tuesday 7 June 2011

AMBER COX (Yr 13) MEETS PRINCE WILLIAM AND KATE

My day with Royalty...

At half five in the morning on the day of the royal wedding, I was asked to get up and sell programmes with 60 other scouts. The programme selling itself was an amazing experience as the atmosphere along the mall was incredible. A couple of weeks later I received an email inviting me to have tea in Clarence House as a thank you. At first I thought that this was very nice of them and that I would only be meeting the people who had asked the Scouting movement to get involved. It wasn't until later that day I was told that a couple of members of the royal family would be joining us and that they would be the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. 

I was overjoyed to be picked for this once in a life time experience. I feel that if it wasn't for my scouting, I would never have opportunities like this. I would like to encourage other Welling pupils to get involved even if it is only 1 hour a week.

No comments: