Increase in UCAS Tariff Points
London South Bank University (LSBU) has revised its UCAS Tariff point entry requirements for some of its undergraduate programmes commencing in September 2011.
MESSAGE FROM LSBU:
Progression Accords with the Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences at LSBU
As we have a progression accord with your institution, I wanted to make you aware of this and to reassure you that our old tariff points as stated in our progression accord will still apply to applicants, from your institution, who apply to one of our courses, in the Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences, for 2011 entry.
Therefore our Progression Accord will continue to work in the same way, as follows:
1. Guarantee of a conditional offer from LSBU if students apply through the progression for one of the following courses:
- - LLB (Hons) Law - BSc (Hons) Psychology
- - BSc (Hons) Criminology - BSc (Hons) Sociology
- - BA (Hons) International Politics - BA (Hons) Tourism & Hospitality
- - BSc (Hons) Social Policy - BA (Hons) Film Studies
- - BA (Hons) Urban & Environmental Planning - BSc (Hons) Media and Cultural Studies
- - BA (Hons) Digital Media Arts - BA (Hons) Print & Online Journalism
- - BA (Hons) Digital Film and Video - BA (Hons) Game Cultures
- - BA (Hons) Music and Sonic Media - BA (Hons) Creative Writing
- - BA (Combined Honours) English Studies - BA (Hons) Arts Management
- - BA (Hons) Drama & Performance Studies
- - BA (Hons) Theatre practice: Creative Producing
2. Guarantee of a place on the above courses if students meet our (old) entrance criteria of 240 UCAS points for Law and Psychology and 160 UCAS points for all the remaining courses. With respect to Access Courses, we require a Pass.
To ensure that Welling students benefit from our progression accord which maintains our old entrance requirements, students will need to enter the words: PA followed by Welling School in the further information column, next to the LSBU course choice.
We hope that our position with progression accords reassures your students. Our progression accord has the benefit of a guaranteed conditional offer as well as lower tariff points than our new standard offer. We have therefore stayed true to our mission to widen access to higher education to all those who can benefit.